- These are The Terms and Conditions between Twinkle Au Pairs (‘The Agency’) and host family (‘The Client’) and are deemed accepted through completion of Family Registration and signing the Terms and Conditions.
- The Au Pair shall be known as (‘The Applicant’) for the rest of this document.
- Twinkle Au Pairs acts as an Agent for the purpose of effecting introductions between Clients and Applicants. The Agency does not employ applicants.
- The Au Pair Programme is a cultural exchange and not a contract or work. The au pair must be welcomed as a member of family.
- Fees to the agency are for introduction only. Introduction fees are as follows:
For Au Pairs who intend to stay:
Less than 6 months – £295.00
6 months or longer – £395.00
Summer Au Pair (June – Sept) – £150.00
Au Pair Couple – £600.00
(We do not charge VAT)
- A payment is due when the client selects an applicant and the applicant confirms placement. Client will then be asked to provide a letter of invitation for the applicant and to pay the introduction fee. The introduction fee must be paid prior to the arrival of the applicant. The fee can be paid by bank transfer or by cheque.
- Twinkle Au Pairs will offer a free replacement if
- the applicant cancels their arrival after the fee has been paid
- the applicant leaves within 28 days of arrival
- the applicant proves to be unsuitable within 28 days of arrival
The client will have to notify the agency in any of the above situations in writing as soon as possible to get a free replacement.
- If the agency is not able to provide a replacement within 4 weeks the fee will be refunded less £90 for administration charges.
- Twinkle Au Pairs will not provide a replacement or refund if
- the applicant complains of any form of abuse, misconduct or mistreatment by the client
- the client withholds pocket money or stops the applicant using amenities they are entitled to use
- the placement fee has not been paid in full
- the applicant leaves after the client has asked them to work hours or do activities/duties that were not agreed
- the fee is not received within the time-scale outlined in point 11.
- If client cancels after the applicant has accepted the introduction fee still applies. There will be no refund.
- All fees must be paid within 7 days of the date of the invoice, or prior to the arrival of the au pair, whichever is the earlier. Twinkle Au Pairs reserves the right to charge a surcharge of 25% on all unpaid invoices in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Notice period for the client and the applicant is 14 days. In the case of serious misconduct by the client or applicant the placement can be terminated immediately. If the client terminates then they should provide accommodation until the applicant is relocated or returns home.
- The agency can not be held responsible if the applicant stays shorter period than previously agreed with the client.
- The agency does not accept any responsibility for loss, damage, expense or injury resulting from the introduction.
- The agency can not be held responsible for the applicant’s driving skills. The client is responsible for insuring the applicant to drive the client’s car and ensure that they are satisfied with the applicant’s driving skills. The client can arrange a course of driving lessons for the applicant to give them an understanding of The Highway Code and provide confidence of driving on the left hand side of the road.
- An au pair can be on duty up to 30 hours per week to include any evening babysitting that is required. Pocket money must be minimum £80. Extra pocket money should be paid for any additional evenings as well for extra help provided.
- An au pair must be given enough time to attend language school. An au pair shall receive two days off each week and should be offered one full weekend off per month.
- An au pair receives a written offer from the host family covering pocket money, hours, holidays, description of au pair’s bedroom and what help would be expected etc.
- Twinkle Au Pairs recommend 4 weeks paid holiday per 12 months placement period. UK Public holidays are to be treated as free time where pocket money is still due.
- If the client goes on holiday and the applicant stays at their home the applicant should still be paid their pocket money.
- An au pair only does light housework
- Washing dishes, loading and unloading dishwasher
- Keeping kitchen tidy and clean, including sweeping and mopping floors
- Making and changing children’s beds
- Cleaning children’s bathroom
- Loading and unloading children’s laundry into washing machine/tumble dryer
- Ironing for children
- Putting washed clothes away
- Preparing simple meals for children
- Light shopping
- Emptying bins
- Walking and feeding pets
- Everything to do with keeping their own room and bathroom clean and tidy
- An au pair helps with childcare
- Helping children to get ready in the morning and taking them to school
- Collecting children from school, taking them to after school clubs
- Helping children with their homework
- Playing with children
- Helping at children’s bed time
- The client provides the applicant with their own private room with a window and full board during their stay.
- The applicant pays for their travel to the UK, unless the client chooses to fund this. The Agency will provide the Client with dates, time and location of arrival. The client is required to meet their au pair on their arrival. If this is not possible, they must pay for collection by taxi or organise reasonable onward travel.
- All information provided to client is confidential.
We reserve the right to modify this Terms & Conditions at any time. Any changes we may make to this Terms & Conditions will be notified and available on our website.
If you would like to contact us with any queries or comments on this Terms & Conditions please send us an email via our website.